Rowany Captain of Archers – Expression of Interest for a Deputy
With my term expiring at Yule 2018, I am seeking expressions of interest for a Deputy. The duties of a Captain of Archers are set out below. Interested parties should contact me through Facebook or at archery.
1. Store, transport, set up and pack down at least two targets, plus target faces, shooting lines, loaner arrows and loaner gear to every Rowany shoot. SCA archers are superb at helping with the set up and pack down, so it’s the storage and transport that are the most difficult elements.
2. Attend all Rowany Target shoots, run same, record results and update the online results spreadsheet.
3. Run the Baronial Archery competition that is based on the results of the shoots and award suitable prizes at Yule.
4. Maintain the Baronial loaner kit and arrows, as well as assisting new archers with gear and advice.
5. Act as unofficial logistics support officer for target archery at Festival, transporting Baronial targets there and back, or arranging same, supplying target faces and helping whoever is formally running archery at Festival to set up and pack down the field.
6. Assist, advise and support the archers of the Barony in every possible way.
7. Attend Rowany Senate meetings on a regular basis, report on archery matters and make proposals to Senate for any required funding as necessary.
8. Report archery activities to the Rowany Seneschal and the Kingdom Archery Marshal on a quarterly basis.
William de la Montaigne Coupe