(Latest update – Apr 2015)
There are quite a few regular events held throughout the Barony along with semi-regular and ad-hoc goings on. Further information about events themselves is found at the regular events page and in the Rowany Calendar. Even though the information shown below is also on those previously linked pages, we thought it would be handy to have a specific address and corresponding maps page too. If you just need the address or map, this may be an easier way for you to find it.
As always, if we are missing something, please get in touch so we can add or amend accordingly. This is a constant work in progress!
- The type of events held at a location are shown with bullet points (like the one used for this line)
1ST TOONGABBIE SCOUNT HALL – 99 Bungaree Road, Pendle Hill, NSW, 2145 [MAP]
If you are walking up Bungaree Road from the station… and you get to number 99 and find that it’s a house, not a scout hall… keep walking. The scout hall is actually in the position that a normal human would refer to as “95 Bungaree Road” due to it lying between house numbers “97″ and “93″. The scout hall does clearly displaying itself as “99 Bungaree Road” and the MAP link above will also show you the correct spot.
- Stowe (and occasionally Rowany) Senate meetings
ADDISON ROAD COMMUNITY CENTRE – 142 Addison Road, Marrickville NSW 2204 [MAP]
For further information about the centre – The Addison Road Community Centre Website
- Currently hosts Mon night A&S activities
- Currently hosts Mon night fighter practice for both heavy and fencing / rapier
- Currently hosts Baronial Senate meetings
AUSTRAL GIRL GUIDES – Corner of Forth and Twelfth Avenues, Austral, NSW, 2179 [MAP]
- Knight School
CAMPERDOWN PARK – Camperdown Park, Australia Street, Camperdown, NSW, 2050 [MAP]
- Very infrequently fighter practice is held here
DENCE PARK – Dence Park, 26 Stanley Road, Epping, NSW, 2121 [MAP]
The venue is Epping Creative Centre which is part of Epping Aquatic and Leisure Centre
For further information about the centre – Epping Creative Centre
Driving: For those who want to drive there is loads of parking, some of it is double parking so if you are not staying all day make sure that you know who you are parking in front of. Most of the parking is not double parking and is not a problem.
Public Transport: For those needing public transport there are regular trains to Epping Station. Epping Station is 1.1 km from Dence Park so the walk from the Station will take about 10-15 minutes. Or if you would rather buses, you can catch the M54 which goes near Epping Station on Beecroft Rd every 20 minutes on weekends and will take you to within 500 meters of the Creative Center if you get off at the Epping Road near Crandon bus stop, just two stops, or if you miss that one, the next stop will get you to within 800 meters of the Center.
HERB GREEDY HALL – 76 Petersham Rd, Marrickville, NSW, 2204 [MAP]
(Note: If you just put the address or name of the hall into Google Maps, you’ll possibly have difficulty finding it! There is a church on the corner of Marrickville and Petersham Roads, Herb Greedy Hall is opposite the church on Petersham Road. The entrance is right near the phone booth.)
- This was previously used for A&S activities, and occasionally as replacement when regular venues are not available
MARRICKVILLE TOWN HALL – 303 Marrickville Road, Marrickville, NSW, 2204 [MAP]
- This previously held Senate meetings, fighter practices and A&S activities.
PETERSHAM TOWN HALL – 107 Crystal Street, Petersham, NSW, 2049 [MAP]
- Sporadic feasts
- Previously held Tuesday fighter practices and A&S activities
- Previously held most of the Baronial Senate meetings
ST PETERS LIBRARY (TOWN HALL) – 39 Unwins Bridge Rd, Sydenham NSW 2044 (close to Sydenham train station) [MAP]
- This is primarily a backup venue
- Very sporadic fighter practice some Thursdays
- Previously Baronial Senate meetings were held here
- Early 2014 it held Tue fencing / rapier practice and Tue heavy fighter practice was being help opposite in Sydenham Green, while Petersham Hall unavailable
ST PETERS PUBLIC SCHOOL RECREATION / SPORTS FIELDS – 31 St Peters Street, St Peters, NSW, 2044 [MAP]
Driving: Turn on to St Peters Street from Campbell Road. At the end of the road go through the gate into the car park. This is an on site car park, with plenty of available space for use.
Public Transport: The closest train stations are St Peters and Sydenham, check www.131500.com.au for buses and other public transport options. The fields adjoin the car park.
- This is often used for Sunday Fighter practice if practice is running – Please check practice is still on first
- We’ve been toying with the idea of Monthly Sunday Tournaments
- Occasional war practice
SYDENHAM GREEN – This is opposite St Peters Library (Town Hall) – See St Peters Library (Town Hall)
THE EPPING CENTRE (The Epping Creative Centre /The Epping Aquatic and Leisure Centre) – See Dence Park